Dimensions, in partnership with Learning Disability England and VODG, are thrilled to announce that the Learning Disability and Autism Leaders’ List is back for another year!
“I would never have been brave enough to share my art or talk to work about my hopes and dreams before the award. It really changed things for me at work so thank you!” 2019 Leader and 2021 Judge, Jemma Clancy.
After a special Coronavirus Leaders’ List last year, the 2021 List will celebrate an even wider variety of achievements across four diverse categories:
- Local Communities – celebrating work people have done in your local community
- Work and Education – noting people who are in paid work or learning new things
- Advocacy, Policy and Media– recognising those trying to make their communities or the country a better place
- Sports, arts and entertainment – honouring people who are doing creative and athletic things
These exclusive awards are a first of their kind – offering national recognition as part of a celebrated annual list specifically for people with learning disabilities and/or autism.
Everyone who has a learning disability and/or autism is encouraged to enter or be nominated over the previous month and we’re so happy that our judges have lots of wonderful entries to read.
Everyone gets a personalised certificate and a select number of finalists get a special finalist certificate.
Our winning Leaders will also get a trophy, VIP invite to our exciting online event and their story will be shared nationally with tens of thousands of people.
“It’s a great honour to be asked to be a judge and I’m really excited to read about all the great work being done by people across the UK. Becoming a 2018 leader was really helpful in supporting my employment campaigning work, and I’ve since qualified as a solicitor, been named as the Law Society’s Junior Lawyer of the Year, and been announced as Britain’s fourth most influential disabled person by the Shaw Trust 2020 – so I understand the importance of the recognition this brings and of supporting others to achieve their ambitions.” 2018 Leader and 2021 Judge,
Over the last three years, the Leaders’ Lists have been featured on BBC Radio 2, Channel 5 News and in The Guardian, Daily Express and Take A Break. Not only that, but individual Leaders have shared their story in The i, Care Talk magazine and their local newspapers.
You can get involved too
- Visit our website to complete our short survey, this will help provide important data to support the Leaders’ stories.
- Follow @DimensionsUK and tweet #LDALeadersList to celebrate our entrants and get more people excited for the List’s publication in December.
- Share winners’ stories when they’re announced on 3rd December 2021, that’s International Day of Disabled Persons.
Follow @DimensionsUK and #LDALeadersList to stay up to date.